Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The attack of the mosquito.


Okay. So, so much has happened since I last posted. The semester ended (thank goodness). We went on vacation. We planted an herb garden. Brandon and I both moved up in the workforce. We had some visitors. Really, it’s been crazy. But I am not going to talk about those things. Instead today is going to be about the mosquitoes.
Yes. The mosquitoes. Because these little nuisances have really been putting a damper on my quality of life.
Exhibit A. 

First off, I did some research and Wikipedia said that these aren’t even mosquitoes. Instead they call them crane flies and claim they do not bite humans. Lies. Well, maybe not, but I don’t want to take any risks.
They have taken over our patio and our stairs and pretty much fly around like they own the place. Therefore, I am almost afraid to leave my apartment. Which is silly, I know. But thanks to my sister, I have this engrained belief that a bite from a mosquito will give me aids (thanks Tenille). Now is there truth to this? I don’t really know. It seemed logical to my 8 year-old-self.
So, I sit here staring out my window at these very disgusting creatures and find myself wishing for colder weather so they die. So, fall I wouldn’t mind if you came, as long as you kill the mosquitoes.
Ha, have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Camille, it'd be nice to have some updates on your life instead of a lame mosquito post...:)just kidding! Miss you little one!

    ReplyDelete