Thursday, September 8, 2011

Crafting and happy.

You might have noticed that I am slightly obsessed with the color combination of yellow and gray. I am not sure where this obsession developed but I think it's fabulous. They were even my wedding colors, which I know was a long time ago (unless you don't count a little over a year that long ago...) but I still like to use them often. 

This last craft combined my wedding pictures and my favorite color combination, so it's one of those win-win situations. We has some frames hanging my the wedding pictures in our hallway that said: "May 22nd, Friends, Fun, and Family. It was cute, but I needed a change. So, Photoshop and I got together and created these little guys. They say: "May twenty-second two-thousand and ten the day we became truly happy."


The view from walking into the hallway.

The view from the other side of the hallway...and some of our lovely wedding photos.
This one is my favorite.

It's true really. I think about my life before that day and most of it seems so flat. I have always been happy, but not like this. That's why the word "truly" is so important. Happiness is easily achieved, but it's that true real feeling of complete joy that I am talking about here. Not the momentary kind. Do you get what I am saying? I mean, I am not out in left field here, right? There's just something different about the day that you know you will be with your best friend forever. Maybe when we start having kids that day will change, but I know that from here on out, I get the pleasure of experiencing true happiness.

I am so lucky.

3 comments:

  1. I do what I can :) hey I made a friendship bracelet today and thought of you! If you're in the market for a fresh new one let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! And yes, I completely agree! Dec. 19, 2009 is the day I became truly happy :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete