Monday, October 10, 2011

A very unwelcome homecoming.

Why hello there,

I hope everyone had a splendid weekend. Brandon and I sure did. We took a little adventure down to Provo and spent some quality time with family and friends. We also escaped the two inches of snow that surrounded our apartment. But unfortunately we had to return. And we returned to something very, very terrible. Downstairs neighbors.

They have been moving in for a while but they finally made an appearance yesterday. Now, I don't want to make any prior judgements before I actually get to meet the three teenage looking occupants, but I do have one complaint. The dog. First of all, dogs and apartments don't mix. They just don't. Dogs need a backyard and a doggy door. They need to be able to run free. This particular dog needs one of those barking shock collars. Early this morning (around one or so) one of those shocking collars would have been very helpful. But, these things I can live with...mostly. It's what happened this morning that constitutes removal of this particular canine.

I was happily prancing down the stairs ready to jump in my car and make the little trek to Rexburg when this furry fireball came charging at me. See, they obviously realize that dogs and apartments don't mix well either. So, they decided to tie up their dog to a pole outside of their apartment. Well, the rope is pretty long, so this dog has free access to a great deal of the parking lot and complete access to my Honda. Did I say it came charging at me? Yes, barking, sprinting, and showing it's very pointy teeth. I had to climb in the back seat of my Honda (were thankfully the little bugger couldn't get to) and then climb into the drivers seat. Then as I backed out it chased my car until it's rope yanked it back.

Us having a stare down. Being the smart person I am, I took this from my patio. Also, it may look small but small things can be quite the terror as well..I mean just think of that two-year-old you saw at Wal-mart today...

So, the conclusion to this story is the dog has to go. Like, very soon. Any suggestions? I might accidentally run it over as it chases my car out into the parking lot..just kidding..but maybe. Or, maybe some really good pepper spray would work? Who knows. But for now I will continue the climb over the seat routine to save myself from being a chew toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment