Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A funny thing.

Did you know that I am almost teaching an 8th grade class? I say almost because most days I just observe and watch the BYU-Idaho students teach it. But, I am their official teacher and do official things like enter grades and take attendance. I don't like sitting back and watching. See, I got to teach these kids for the first week or so and we had a blast. We made adobe houses out of clay, homemade salsa and tortillas, musical instruments, and much more. Now, they are being taught legitimate lessons, they don't like it, I don't like it, really it just stinks. Observing does have a few perks though. For example, these kids are hilarious and say some of the funniest things ever. I find myself laughing all of the time, even though I probably shouldn't encourage their behavior. This was my favorite quote of today:
"My little brother tries to kill me with his mind."

I wonder what he was trying to get at, because most of the time they just can't seem to find the right words to describe their feelings. But, I am sure once he would have explained it, it would have made perfect sense. 

Things like this make me miss my 8th grade year very much. Those days were quite carefree and very easy it seems, plus no one expected you to actually know what you were talking about. Like now, when they ask me questions that I don't know I just fudge my way through it. But, I am sure they think I know everything, because at that age your teachers did know everything, at least it seemed. It's somewhat eye opening and a little discouraging to realize that they probably didn't.

So, this doesn't have a direct point. Maybe you can take out of it to look for the funny things in your life, or treasure the memories you have, or to realize that your teachers were all phonies. You choose. But, if anything, have a nice week!

1 comment:

  1. I can just picture you laughing at things you shouldn't. I would do the same.

    ReplyDelete