Wednesday, September 19, 2012

a little decorating and a lot of photos.

My craftiness has reached extreme limits these last few weeks. Like, my life revolves around Hobby Lobby coupons and Pinterest craft boards. And let me tell you, both of those categories are dangerous. Very dangerous. But, this crafting obsession of mine usually takes over when we move into a new apartment. New walls need decorating and rearranging needs to be completed. The major project I embarked on this time around was my gallery wall. We had one in our last apartment but it was borderline pathetic. I mean, I liked it but it lacked some necessary photo gallery necessities. I've looked at tons of tons of examples and have read lots of tutorials, and have spent more time than is probably advisable designing and creating it. . And now, it is done. Yay! There are a few things I would change next time around and some things that I especially enjoy, but mostly I love the bright new colors and all of the fun family photos. Now, I am going to flood with you more pictures than you would probably ever like to see, but I am just so dang excited about it :)
Ta da!
The planning process..
Lots of spray painting was involved, obviously the orange didn't quite make the cut..
A very necessary side view..
This one took a little more thought, but I found the idea here and couldn't resist!
These little guys were a steal of a deal at Hobby Lobby and I quite enjoy them.
I love that circle frame and that big S.
I really like this. I got the idea from Pinterest and it just seemed so fitting for our lives and our photo wall and just a nice little reminder.
I couldn't resist adding this little gem in here.
I think this photo is so classic. Brittany's facial expression and Fallon looking so uncomfortable and Seth looking so so so awkward.
Now, a lot of the pictures are crooked, and the colors don't totally match, and I really need something underneath the photos like a side table or something, or the photos need to go to the bottom...really there's more than one problem. But, I like it. A lot. It's so fun to have all of these to look at and reminiscence. Ahh, crafting is really a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Cami! I think my favorite is the arizona with nails! i love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you come to Cleveland and help me decorate my house? It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete