Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday walks.

It has been said by some of the most intelligent people ever that January and February are the most dreary and awful months of the year. (That is why we have the New Years Man and the Valentine's Man, which is an entirely different post in and of itself) Well, at least it is that way is some places. One of those places happens to be Idaho. And maybe that's not really a direct quote, but I am sure someone really really smart said it once not too long ago...

Brandon and I weren't going to have any of that nonsense. We weren't going to let the 20 degree weather keep us inside. Or the bitter wind. Or the snow. Or the fact that we couldn't feel our cheeks or our noses. We were going to show this winter who the boss was (which is us by the way) and have a nice time outside. And we did. Most ever Sunday we found a little path, or we made our own path, and got the heck outside. It is so nice to feel the sun (or at least imagine it was the sun that we felt). So, here's the living proof that we were really did have a lot of fun regardless of the sub-par conditions.


This is me making sure my nose and cheeks are still there. I thought I had stored up enough fat in those cheeks to keep them warm forever. I suppose I need just a tad bit more :)
I was always under the impression that these little buggers flew south for the winter. At least that's why the movie Fly Away Home always taught me, a little disappointed here.
You know it's going to be a good walk when it involves snow shoes.
And it's so bright outside that you do fun squinty eyed smiles
And sometimes on walks you find quirky metal contraptions that are called art by most.

See folks, living proof. And they were all great memories. And hopefully March will bring more sun and walks that don't require quite as many layers :)

1 comment: