Wednesday, May 22, 2013

This month of May.

I have this silly whiteboard calendar that I use to gauge all of the most important things in life with. One of those most important things is what we are going to have for dinner. Another important thing is any big life-changing event. I get super giddy when I can erase the former months activities and start on a new month. It makes that said months big events seem much more tangible and closer, like they are pretty much going to happen any day. May felt like this. Right when I could write May at the top of the board I just knew that this month would zoom on by. And it has. In a good way, I think. For example, one event on my infamous whiteboard calendar was our move to Denver, Colorado. And although it did seem like a ways a way when I scribbled it in, it came all of the sudden.


Denver seems like a dandy place. It's supposedly known for its outdoorsy-ness (even though all I can really see are freeways). It boasts of being awfully close to the Rockies, which is an impressive sight. If you happen to have any knowledge of the Denver area we'd love to hear it. Especially if it includes, but is not limited to the following: local eating joints, good bike trails, even better hiking trails, and really breathtaking weekend/day trips. Brandon and I are determined to enjoy this summer in its fullest.

My whiteboard calendar also includes the 3rd year anniversary of our marriage. And folks, today is that day. This very day, three years ago Brandon and I sealed the deal. And I am ever so grateful for that each and every day. Brandon is truly my better half. I am so in love with him and each day that love grows even more. Although I am not quite sure how that happens, it does, and it is truly wonderful.

And although I feel like this is a monumental day (because it is), that everyone should stop and pay some recognition to it, that there should probably be some fireworks to celebrate its greatness, and at the very least Brandon should have the day off so we can frolic around this new city, it is not. Instead I am home thinking about the love of my life and how it's pretty much a crime that he has to work and we can't spend every single moment of it together. Sigh. I guess it's moments like these that help that love grow even more each day.

So here's to three perfect years of grand marriage. And getting to be with my forever, forever.


Wishing you the very best for the rest of your May.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both! I can't wait to hear about all of your Denver adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late anniversary! We really miss having you two close by!

    ReplyDelete