Thursday, June 6, 2013

When you start to explore Colorado.

I think the teacher in me has rubbed off into various areas of my life. For example, we wanted to go on a fun weekend trip and I created a totally awesome PowerPoint to show all of the different places we could go. A real PowerPoint guys, with handcrafted designs and links and pictures and videos and everything that makes a really great PowerPoint.
Anyways, the PowerPoint did its job and we chose to trek our way up to the Vail area.

It is so pretty there.
So pretty.
The way the aspens litter the mountains and work their way through the pines like they have a place to be and they are going to get there if it is the last thing they do. It kind of takes your breath away.

We hiked and biked and walked through the little towns and just had such a nice time. We also stayed in a 4 star hotel that did not have air conditioning. I repeat, did not. I think Brandon was in total shock when we entered the room and it was a good 80 degrees. Actually, he probably is still in shock. He made sure to clarify with the man at the desk that this hotel really did not have AC, the attendant informed Brandon that that was obviously what windows were for. Well, duh.

Also, have you ever hiked in the mountains of Colorado? It is not that easy. I mean it's super pretty, but just not that easy. Especially when the hikes you choose literally go straight up. Like so straight that when we came to rocks in the trail I had to use my hands because my short little legs couldn't make it over the rocks in one step. (That seriously made me sound like a midget and even though I had to clarify to some of my students that although I am on the shorter side I am not a midget, 5 feet over here folks). And then imagine doing that for like oh, 2 miles. And gaining serious elevation. Seriously, is 1,500 feet in 2 miles even legal? I don't think so.

Hopefully I am not painting a bleak picture in your mind, because it was very fun. I just love these weekend trips with my hubby. Here are some pictures to prove its beauty and its wonderfulness :)



Now, stay tuned for our next weekend adventure. Because oh my goodness, it was a serious adventure. Like the use of tents and everything :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! It was so fun to run in to you guys! We LOVED Hanging Lake too! Well, Stephen liked Spouting Rock even better :) Have fun exploring that BEutiful state! XXX

    ReplyDelete